The Global Humanity Initiative is seeking to add Board members to our team!
As a Board member, you will play a key role in our organization as we move forward in our goals, towards our Vision. We meet three times per year (January, May, and August), mostly via Zoom and sometimes by email when our lives interfere with our ability to meet online. Board members serve one-year terms, but are eligible for re-election for up to three consecutive terms. Please note, this is not a paying position.
With the launch of our Sustainable Food Program in Nepal and Guatemala, we are entering an exciting time for our organization. We hope you will join us, and become a valuable part of our growth!
You should expect to devote two to five hours per week as a volunteer, either working directly with the President and Founder, or working independently. There will be plenty of opportunities for training where possible, and you will have regular and free access to the President and Founder for assistance.
In exchange, we offer you the opportunity to expand your resume in the business and nonprofit sector, and to learn skills to advance your future or current career.
The basic responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Know our Mission and Vision Statements related to the overall operation of our organization, as well as the Mission Statements of our current programs.
• Attend and participate in a minimum of two meetings per year.
• Ensure our organization is properly funded to reach its goals for the coming year, and that the financial integrity of our organization remains sound.
• Ensure our organization is abiding by all laws in the US, both state and federal, as well as in all countries in which we serve.
• Maintain a high standard of moral conduct with regards to our organization, including, but not limited to, declaring conflicts of interest where appropriate; placing the good of the organization over our own personal gain; communicating in a positive and professional manner when discussing our organization with others; and representing our organization with the highest integrity while traveling on organization business.
• Serve as advocates and ambassadors for our organization where possible, leveraging connections, networks, and resources, to advance the goals of our organization.
Required experience for this position:
• Minimum five years of experience with Microsoft Word.
• Basic knowledge of Excel and/or PowerPoint.
• Exposure to, or experience with, elder care in either a personal or professional capacity.
• Strong desire to protect vulnerable adults.
• Experience with, and participation on, social media such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and other platforms.
• Minimum three years of volunteer experience in some capacity, full-time or part-time.
• Strong desire to expand your knowledge base and learn other skills.
Additionally. we REQUIRE experience and skills in at least ONE of the following areas. Degrees and/or certificates may be substituted in lieu of experience.
• Bilingual English/Spanish or English/German
• Minimum one year of experience with WordPress, with the ability to adapt to new themes, and proven skills with LayerSlider.
• Minimum one year of experience with video creation and editing software for marketing purposes on social media and in presentations.
• Minimum one year of event planning for corporate, nonprofit, or educational events.
• Minimum one year of success in marketing within either the for-profit or nonprofit sector.
• Proven skills with online research for marketing and operational support purposes.
If you’re interested, please send an email and .pdf copy of your resume to hello (at) glhumanity (dot) org.
Let’s do great things together!
Showing two of our elders in Nepal how to take selfies!